Monday, September 22, 2008
Dead Space
Well I was cruising through Kotaku when i saw that they had links to some of the new videos. After watching the videos I am very much looking forward to Dead Space's release. The game looks challenging and definitely seems to have the horror aspect down. In the videos the atmosphere created by the ambient sounds and the howling aliens was chilling. The first Fear was great, Doom 3 was kind of scary, and after an hour in Ravenholm in Half-Life Two I believe that a good shooter can create those types of atmosphere. Don't let me confuse you though everything i just mentioned was an FPS, and Dead Space seems to be a third person platform type game. This would compare more to a Resident Evil though it appear the player has control of the camera. Bad camera angles was one of the reasons I never got into the first couple Resident Evils and they had lost the horror aspect by the fourth one where you can just take out hordes of villagers without trying. Hopefully Dead Space took a hard look at the genre and that most annoying developer control choices and solved the issues. I would love Dead Space to be a great game and I might even preorder it, but i have yet to really enjoy a game from that genre so we will see how it come out in the end. I love great horror games but i don't like the horror part coming from enemies killing you from off the screen and the camera reorienting every time you walk half way through a room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment