Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I wish I had more time to work on Xyne

It's so frustrating to sit on such a neat game design and be forced to implement the thing so slowly... *sigh* Hey, at least we are making progress of some sort. While I was coding up some of the networking last night, I realized that we are entering that period of coding where we are actually depending on our own code to work (scary!). Not that I was having issues, but I would love to go back and clean a bit up if I have the time. The project is also gaining a little momentum. Next month, we are gonna hit a time when we actually have cards and menus to speak of. Then, massive balancing and game design tweaking will ensue.

I'm a bit curious how Creator's Club is going to handle a GPL'ed game, we might be a tiny minority here. I'm also disappointed that we don't have the option to release for free. Not that I'm set on that (we are certainly allowed to charge), but having the option would be nice.

No comments: