But Far Cry was a play one night situation. It's not that I couldn't afford to hold on to it one more night, but the idea of playing it again was so offensive I put it back in it's Gamefly sleeve and sealed it up before I went to bed. But really why do I dislike it.
I guess I'm just not a fan of sneaking around. I mean let me correct that, I'm not a fan of sneaking around a jungle like that. Playing splinter cell is fine by me, but when I'm practically crawling through bushes setting up fucking branch traps I realized I was just bored out of my mind. I wanted to run and gun but another problem was a ridiculous reliance on the head shot. You could put 5-6 slugs in a combatants chest before he would go down in comparison to the 1 if you got a head shot. Now all this wouldn't be a problem if it didn't seem like the detection was "fair". I regret using the word "fair" because it has good connotations but when it comes down to it, unless you have a guy in clear view or are really close to him he's not going to show up on your radar, making it all the more likely that he will detect you, again throwing you into a situation where you're laying clips into each guy before finally getting a head shot. All in all it was an unsatisfying experience.
Which when it comes to it, some guy said that if a game does not attract the gamer within the first 5 minutes (I don't know the exact amount of time but for me it's around 5 minutes) then they're going to lose that gamer. They lost me in the bushes.
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment