I've been really wanting to play Stubbs the Zombie for a good while now, no real reason I haven't gotten around to it aside from business and buying other crap like Animal Crossing.
But, let me digress, the game is pretty great and very unique. There just are not many games which feature you eating people's brains and rolling deep with zombies. Another unique aspect to the game of which I've been intensely interested is the development model used by Wideload, outsourcing. I was very curious as to how outsourced motion capture, art, and other assets would affect the character of the game, and to be honest, if anything, this game has more solid character than most of the games I've played in the past year.
So, the gameplay is solid with great controls for the crazy things I guess one would assume a zombie can do (when it came to rolling our heads and subsequently detonating them, ben and I just thought it was awesome). Music is great, art is great, writing is great, actually there is not much that I can say that I don't find satisfying about the game. The only point that I can say is that the objectives aren't very distinct and I did some good milling about, but it was not too bad or too long. In the end those situations haven't taken away from it much, and true to form the game includes a co-op that is ever so crucial in getting me to sit down for extensive play sessions. I really can't wait to see more from Wideload.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
One of these days I swear I'm gonna make my own posts, but keeping up with WoW, school and work is alot to do...
But yeah, I have to say being EXTREMELY skeptical after sitting there watching David play the first two levels, I was very pleasantly suprised... The controls are definetly spot on, easy things are second nature as soon as you pick up the controller, and things should be only slightly more complicated are just that... slightly more complicated. They somehow managed to break the video game tradition of easy being too easy and hard being way too hard (usually this applies to difficulty but I think it goes for controls too).
Besides that, there is something very satisfying about rolling your head, eating brains, farting, and pulling people's arms off and beating them with it that is an almost intangible quality for the game. My only complaint was a lack of direction in a few spots that I encountered...
Post a Comment